HISTORYA McCall relic since 1926
Historic Yacht Club Building Dining Room 1946
Yacht Club Building Fire 1942
Yacht Club Building Gaming Room 1946
The original Yacht Club was built in 1926 of railroad ties with a white stucco finish. It was a rooming house and newspaper office. In the 1930’s, the main floor had a beauty shop, bowling alley, soda fountain, pool tables, and games. The top floor had a dance pavilion with a bar and gambling hall. In 1942, the building burned to the ground after a fire started in the boat works and boat storage area under the building. In 1945, it was rebuilt with brick and cement as a hotel and restaurant. Since 1926, it has always been known as the Yacht Club.